First of its kind community outreach campaign by Aspen Group – Umbrella Sharing Initiative received accolades from CSR Malaysia. The group was honoured with the ‘Company of The Year Award’ in the Overall Excellence-Property Development. The award is given to honour outstanding corporations in Malaysia that have excelled in bringing changes in the socio-economic transformation of Malaysia.
Kindness connects people and Aspen Group’s umbrella initiative connects people with shared acts of thoughtfulness. From bus shelters to walkways and alleys to corridors, we are arming people with umbrellas to help them stay dry on rainy days and stay cool on hot days. Once done with it, they can deposit the umbrellas at designated umbrella stands across the city, ready to be used by others or pass it to friends and strangers alike. By connecting those in need, these shared acts of kindness inevitably redefine community, making the world a better place for all.
This is how we can be a part of the change:
Take umbrella from stand
Use umbrella for shade and shelter
Return to any Aspen Group umbrella stand
If you notice any umbrellas missing or damage to the umbrella stands, please notify us.
Where can I find an Aspen umbrella?
Aspen Group umbrellas and umbrella stands will be strategically placed at major locations with high foot-traffic including squares, thoroughfares, public transportation terminals and schools. People are free to use the umbrellas as shade from the sun or as shelter from the rain. Once done, users simply pass the umbrella to someone who needs it, or leave it in an Aspen Group umbrella stand so it can help someone else.
Our umbrella stands can be found at the following locations:
1. Karpal Singh Drive
2. Opposite of Gurney Plaza (Jalan Kelawai)
3. In front of UOB Bank (Jalan Kelawai)
4. In front of Island Plaza
5. In front of Penang Chinese Girls’ High School (Jalan Gottlieb)
6. In front of McDonald’s (Jalan Dato Keramat)
7. Opposite of Bank Negara (Lebuh Light)
8. Opposite of Sunshine Square
9. Opposite of USM (Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah)
10. In front of Krystal Point
11. In front of SJK (C) Union (Jalan Burma)
12. Jalan Magazine (turning in from lebuhraya Tun Lim Cheong Ewe)
13. Jalan Tanjung Bungah (in front of Aspen Group Experience Centre)
1. Penang Chinese Girls’ High School
2. SJK (C) Union
3. SMK Convent Lebuh Light
4. Dalat International School
5. SMJK Convent Datuk Keramat
6. SMK Convent Pulau Tikus
7. Penang Free School
8. SMK Convent Green Lane
1. Aspen Group Head Office
2. Aspen Group Experience Centre
3. Aspen Vision City Sales Gallery
1. Crossing near Block 679, Woodlands Avenue 6 (Near Admiralty MRT Station- Exit D)
2. Ace The Place Community Centre & Block 541, Woodlands Drive 16
3. Block 685 & Block 691, Woodlands Drive 73
1. St. Andrew’s Junior College, Side Gate
2. Next to Bus Stop 61089, Between Block 138 /144, Potong Pasir Avenue 3