|ASPEN GROUP||Doc. Ref. : AVD/JRM/FIN/ACT|
|JOB DESCRIPTION MANUAL||Rev. No. :1|
|ACCOUNTANT||ISO Issue Date: 15TH SEPT 2017|
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide legal counsel and advice in respect of the business activities of the Group to ensure that the rights of the Group are well protected and in compliance with the relevant laws.
- To implement all policies, activities, procedures, instructions as relevant and required by the quality management system.
- To draft, vet through and review contracts, agreements, letters, policies, proposals and other documents, related to corporate, commercial or conveyancing activities.
- To coordinate with financiers, solicitors, consultants, advisors and contracting parties for preparation of loan documentation and completion of contracts.
- To advise on and participate in dispute resolution and processes and manage litigious issues, initiating and defending litigations, oversee the litigation process, attending tribunal hearings and liaise with and instruct external solicitors.
- To oversee dealings with financial institutions, regulatory bodies, shareholders, investors and other stakeholders on legal and corporate affairs matters.
- To coordinate legal review from external lawyers, advisors and/or sponsors on corporate transactions.
- To liaise with the company secretary, directors, shareholders, key management and other departments for preparation of board resolutions, minutes of board meetings and board papers etc, coordinating board meetings, committee meetings, AGM and EGM.
- To draft and coordinate the release of company announcements, reports, resolutions, memorandums and circulars in relation to corporate activities.
- To oversee and safe-keep company’s trademarks, other intellectual properties and licenses.
- To carry out research, summarize information and contracts and general advisory work for various departments.
- To maintain proper, accurate and up-to date registers & records of all agreements, contracts and working files.
- To supervise and train executives and administrative assistance.
- To undertake any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the superior.
- Candidate with at least Bachelor’s Degree in Law or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of legal experience, preferably in property development industry and corporate affairs.
- Possess sound knowledge of regulatory laws and legal aspects of property development.
- Able to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and verbally, with an aptitude for practical negotiation.
- Able to identify legal issues and render workable solutions.
- Good analytical and drafting skills with high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Highly collaborative to work as a team and self-motivated to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience and possesses knowledge in basic web programming, web design, e-Commerce, and Open Source Content Management System (CMS).
- Good command in spoken and written communication both English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Well-versed with IT software and agile development environment.
- A proactive personality to keep up with new technologies, applications, and environment.
- Highly collaborative to work as a team & self-motivated to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Good work ethics.